Giovanni d'Avalos established the hermitage in 1585 before it was then closed in 1807 and again in 1866 during the Napoleonic and Italian suppressions.
It was reopened in 1885 and inhabited by Benedictine monks until March 1998.
At that time, the monks were replaced by the current residents, the sisters of Santa Brigida.
The Baroque church contains interesting paintings by Luca Giordano, Azzolino and Federico Barocci.
1) 17 doubles; 13 on the first floor, 4 on the upper floor. The upper floor is slightly less expensive. Each has a private bath.
2) 15 mini-apartments with two double rooms and one bath. Both men and women are welcome in all accommodations.
Towels and linens are supplied.