New photos coming soon
At one time it was inhabited by priests and then by a community of sisters. Today it is managed by the religious association Cor Christi, formed by consecrated lays.
It features 54 rooms with 1 to 4 beds; some with private bath.
According to tradition, between 1673-1675 Jesus’ heart appeared in the chapel to Marguerite Marie Alacoque. The chapel soon became a popular pilgrimage site. Pope Pious IX eventually began the festivity of the Sacred Heart. During the past twenty years, the town has seen an increase in its popularity thanks to the visit of Pope John Paul II (1986). He stayed in the Foyer Sacré-Cœur in room number 4.
All meals can be provided with the lodging.
Towels and linens are supplied. Private garden and parking.
Accommodation near monastery
13th century buildings (or older)
By car: Take A6 and exit at Châlon-sud or Macon and follow the signs to Montceau-Les-Mines, Digoin and finally Paray-le-Monial on N79.
By train: Get off at Paray-le-Monial (SNCF) or Le Creusot (TGV). From Paray take a taxi or walk (twenty minutes) to the foyer. From Le Creusot take a bus to Paray and then follow the above instructions. Taxis must be booked in advance.